Digital Web Finishing
Under the Digital Web Finishing brand, we combine all Hunkeler solutions that are fed from paper rolls and printed in continuous printing. Hunkeler is the pioneer in the segment of digital print finishing from the roll. For over 40 years, Hunkeler has been building web finishing machines for high-performance digital printing, today already in the 8th generation of machines.
The future of finishing technology
Hunkeler is unveiling the new Generation 8. The new technology is consistently designed for digital color printing systems and processes web widths up to 22.5 inches wide (570 millimeters) at a web speed of up to 180 meters per minute. Generation 8 is ready for future printer generations in the top performance class. Sections with variable formats, changing punch and perforation patterns, and variable collating of sheets or folded signatures are just some of the finishing processes that are dynamically controlled.
Hunkeler Workflow Manager
Our software system for production planning and process optimization
With the Hunkeler Workflow Manager HWM, Hunkeler modules and solutions are networked with each other. With this software system, productions can be optimally prepared and produced. The HWM plugins support the user in creating productions, in collecting and analyzing machine operating data, and for service assistance with Remote Assist.
The Hunkeler Workflow Manager HWM with the installed HWM plugins support the fast and easy creation of productions by a graphical display of the print layouts including register marks and control codes. The product-oriented job definition can be created directly on the solution and sent to the corresponding solutions using Production manager. This makes setup work more efficient, and repetitive productions can be selected by the Production manager and reproduced directly.
Advantages with Hunkeler Digital Web Finishing
- Quickly retrofittable edge-, center- and gutter-cut-tools
- Unsurpassed high cutting blade life
- Electronically variable cross-cutting width
- WI8 web inspection with high-speed CIS scanner
- Module-integrated web inspection and tracking technology
- Tool and machine protection by web splice detection
- Gentle, smooth paper transport for modern inkjet printing papers
- Excellent lightweight paper capabilities
- Reduced setup time
- Excellent sheet edge quality
- Outstanding stacking and book block quality
- Latest future-proof drive and control technology
Discover which innovations and improvements have been realized with the new Generation 8 in our Innovations@Work section.